National Indoor Cricket League
NICL is a Cricket Australia sanctioned competition for elite indoor cricketers in Australia. The 2020 season is its 4th season of the national competition.
- Cricket Australia and State/Territory endorsed invitational league
- Top indoor cricket competition on offer in State/Territory, with regular matches played between April – August
- Each zone will have the opportunity to live stream two games on a Sunday evening at 5pm and 7pm. Zone co-ordinators are to decide which game is to be live streamed.
- Invitational teams in each State/Territory to play within their “Regional Zone” (N.B. Zones based on BBL/WBBL zone areas)
- Winning teams from each “Regional Zone” will have the opportunity to progress to the NICL finals Series from Friday August 28th – Sunday, August 30th in their NICL division to compete for the title of Best Team in Australia.
- To be eligible for Open Division in the Cricket Australian Indoor Cricket Nationals Championships, players must have played in the NICL.
- FORMAT: 8-a-side – 6 ball overs
2020 National Indoor Cricket League Series
- 2020 NICL Team Submission Pack
- 2020 NICL – Sponsorship Opportunities
- 2020 NICL Changes
- ordering NICL playing kits
- Victoria East Men
- Victoria East Women
- Victoria West Men including Div 2 & Div 3
- Victoria West Women
National Finals Series
Dates for the National Finals Series is Friday, August 28 – Sunday, August 30.
Cricket Australia will cover the cost of flights for each travelling zone up to 12 people. All accommodation, food and transport will be covered by teams.
Prize Money will not be offered in the 2020 NICL National Finals Series. Medals and Trophies will still be awarded to winners and runners up.
- The player points system (100pt cap) continues to be in place for all National Finals
- CA will not be granting player clearances for any person to participate in National Finals for a team outside of their registered team.
- To Qualify for zone Finals, players must play 30% of scheduled games.
- To participate in the NICL Finals Series, players must have played 20% of their team’s total matches.